About the Job
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader. This brings along fast and controlled growth, geographic expansion, more need for tight control on our commercial contracts, etc.
The aim of the Legal Counsel is to provide a diverse range of legal, regulatory and business advice, in a fast-paced and rapidly environment. For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable business partner with excellent communications skills, who excels at bridge building across organizational departments. Critical success factors include effective working across the group with a variety of stakeholders & influencing, advising and supporting colleagues.
As Senior Legal Counsel you provide a full range of legal, regulatory and business advice, in a fast-paced and rapidly growing private-equity owned service company which is a global market leader for aviation Ground Support Equipment (“GSE”) services.
Where you’ll create the most impact:
Under the guidance of the General Counsel & Company Secretary, you will:
- Advise senior management with respect to legal implications of major decisions
- Provide the necessary contractual support to the different teams (commercial, operation and asset teams): draft, review and, where deemed necessary, participate in the negotiation of such contracts (NDAs, rental agreements, purchasing, distribution and agency agreements, partnerships and joint ventures)
- In line with the Group’s Authorization Matrix, you review contracts before their signature
- Give general legal proactive and solution driven advices to corporate functions (finance, ICT, HR, etc.)
- Ensure that processes, filings of documents and templates are properly managed, stored and updated
- Manage the litigations, select and instruct the outside counsels & perform follow up and inform management
- Support the development of legal & compliance policies and deliver training programs
- Contribute to cross-functional and international projects, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Master Degree in Law;
- You have at least five years’ professional experience in a similar role, ideally in-house experience with international exposure
- Strong experience working with senior business management in connection with a broad range of legal matters including corporate, contracts, compliance, litigation, M&A, and other transactional activities;
- Excellent legal text drafting skills in English
- Leading skills: facilitating teamwork, communicating the vision, effective delegation, managing change, managing conflict
- You are very switched on, you have a healthy dose of professional humility and a focus on getting things done.
- You are a teamplayer with the capacity to work independently when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Any other major language is a plus.
TCR Group is the leading global provider of integrated solutions for GSE (Ground Support Equipment) in aviation. TCR offers rental, lease and maintenance of GSE. We are headquartered in Belgium. We have approximately 1500 employees and are operational in over 200 airports in 20 countries, in Europe, Asia Pacific and the USA. We offer an informal, dynamic and exciting work environment. At TCR-group, we work together as one team.