USA > New York
ABOUT THE JOB
To support our accelerated expansion throughout North-America, TCR is looking for a passionate and hands-on Operations Manager for it’s new New York Workshops with potential to grow through to an Operational Regional role over time. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing and international organization which requires accuracy, administrative talent, drive, customer service acumen, people management skills and long-term commitment. Knowledge/experience in the area of Aviation/Airports are a plus. Previous proven experience in an operational environment is a must. Affinity with IT systems and SAP are important in order to properly execute the role.
The Operations Manager will ensure a smooth and efficient running of all operational aspects of TCR’s workshop and operations on the airfield at New York/Newark to start with, with a potential to expand the role into a wider regional role including also TCR’s JFK operations.
The chosen candidate will have the chance of embarking on an SAP training right at the start of the job.
Every TCR employee takes great care of the TCR values, lives accordingly and actively implements them:
· Passion: we show appetite for more and better. We have fun together.
· Integrity: we live by our highest moral standards. We act with respect towards all.
· Accountability: we deliver what we promise. We are responsible of our actions.
· Open-mindedness: we are pioneers with the flexibility to adapt. Our creativity and curiosity stimulates innovation.
This role is an amazing opportunity to become part of a fun, global group. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to help build an organization and implement an ambitious growth strategy in North-America, focused on the New York Airports area to begin with.
The role offers opportunity for growth and the possibility to work on a variety of projects within the operational and customer service areas.
The role is based in the proximity of Newark Airport, NJ, US, and reports directly into the Operations Director USA for TCR, who is based in Chicago.
WHERE YOU’LL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT
You will be supporting our Operational expansion by taking care of the following areas of responsibility :
· Safe operations in the New York airports and it’s associated TCR Workshops
· Customer Service Delivery in the New York airports
· Manage the insourced repair&maintenance team in Newark to begin with (team of approximately 20 high skilled technical staff)
· Maintain the GSE in the respective workshops
· Transport GSE into respective station once it is in rentable condition or coming out of factory
· Manage towards reaching the Group Operational KPIs in the stations within scope (OTP, PM compliance, stock accuracy, ….)
· Daily contact with Customers in stations in scope
· Cost management of the operational setups (labor, parts, subco, buildings)
· Delivery of GSE service and physical GSE to TCR’s repair and maintenance and rental Customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree
· Has proven experience in operational environments, preferably within the Airports/Airlines/Ground Handlers/Airport Service Providers segments,
· Has excellent people management skills
· Has experience using ERP systems (SAP is a plus)
· Is able to handle confidential information
· Has good analytical skills, excellent with numbers and an eye for details
· Is result driven, pro-active with a dynamic personality
· Works independently
· Has excellent MS Office skills (Excel and Word)
· Has good oral and written communication skills in English, any other language is a plus
· Can lead a team with vision and perspective
· Is ambitious and wants to grow his/her scope as well as his/her team within a dynamic and fast moving international environment,
Headquartered at Brussels Airport (BRU-Belgium), TCR is the global leading provider of turnkey solutions for aviation Ground Support Equipment (GSE). TCR offers expertise in rental and operational leasing of GSE, maintenance, ramp assistance and fleet management. TCR employs approx. 1,300 people globally and is present in over 130 airports in Europe, South-East Asia, Australia and North-America.
TCR Americas is the North-American entity of the TCR Group with Headquarters in Taylor (MI) (DTW Airport Area).
TCR is operating in a niche market in which it is market leader. The company is growing at a fast pace and introducing its unique turnkey model in the North-American market.
TCR is a company where employees are at the heart of the success of the company. TCR provides not only a job, but also a long-term commitment in an environment where people can develop themselves and their careers. TCR is all about fun and passion!
Universal Drive 12401